Computer Science Summer Internship Program – 2020
CHAOSSEARCH (CS) is a hot and well funded Boston-based startup, located right across from the Garden. We are looking for students who want to help change how information is managed and analyzed (think big data). The company was founded by (Thomas Hazel), where wrestling the chaos of data is his passion and helpfully yours.
Think of CHAOSSEARCH is a company whose primary goal is transforming dump S3 storage into a searchable / analytical service (a la Google Search for Amazon S3).
CHAOSSEARCH looking for UMass Boston CS or EE students with a strong background in CS concepts. This will not be your average internship and so we are looking for not your average student. As part of the program, you will do real and significant development as well as learn relevant and new computer science concepts, key to a successful employment future.
The following are key aspects:
- CS person entering into 2nd,3rd or SR year
- Experienced/Interested in Structures/Algorithms
- Experienced/Interested in Scala/Akka frameworks
- Experienced/Interested in Containerization (e.g. docker)
- Experienced/Interested in Cloud Development (e.g. AWS)
- And of course loves building databases and/or distributed systems
$15+ per hour based on experience
20 to 40 hours per week during the summer
Interested in applying through StEP?
- Review everything on our website.
- You must be a current UMass Boston student who has been accepted into the StEP program, are actively engaged with a mentor and is graduating soon.
- Understand StEP’s Student and Mentor Engagement Process on our website.
- Submit a cover letter explaining why you want to join the StEP program and why you are interested in this internship opportunity, and recent resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line “StEP Internship Mentoring”.
- VDC + StEP Team will review the resume and cover letter and follow up on next steps.
- If you are interested or have any questions about the program, please email email@example.com to schedule office hours with StEP ambassador – Brooke Haley – at the VDC office (Wheatley 3rd floor) on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9:30 am -2 pm.