Inbound Sales Intern (Summer 2020)
Cambridge, MA, USA
As an inbound sales intern, you’ll join our team of Inbound Success Coaches and use a combination of analytical thinking, sales and customer service skills to ensure all prospects receive the fastest, highest quality, first interactions with HubSpot. You’ll make use of cross-functional resources and develop your knowledge of the HubSpot platform to recommend the appropriate products, services and solutions to address a range of customer needs.
If you’re excited about new challenges and seeking an opportunity to develop your sales skills and business acumen at a leading tech company, we’d love to hear from you! This paid, 12 week summer internship includes superb training and provides a unique opportunity to kick-start your career within the HubSpot’s sales organization.
On successful completion of this summer internship, you’ll also be considered for full-time opportunities in 2021 following your graduation.
Applications will be accepted until 5:00pm EST on Friday, January 31, 2020.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the HubSpot platform and articulate its value to customers and users
- Conduct consultative pre-qualification of prospects for the HubSpot sales process and schedule appointments with the appropriate sales team members for Inbound Growth Assessments
- Navigate a high volume of HubSpot sales, customer and user inquiries, in a quick and efficient manner, to develop and maintain relationships with new and existing customers
- Collaborate cross-functionally within HubSpot to improve business processes and experiences for HubSpotters, HubSpot customers and users alike
- Recommend software best practices, identify and deliver the best next steps or resources to assist customers and users
- Become an ambassador of HubSpot Sales on your college/university campus after internship concludes
We’re looking for people who:
- Have fluency in English
- Are currently and will be enrolled in an undergraduate or masters degree program throughout duration of internship
- Are available to work full-time in our Cambridge headquarters from June to August 2020
- Can quickly learn new technologies, tools and systems to help our users succeed with HubSpot software
- Have the initiative to find the resources needed to be successful in this role and the ability to work collaboratively to solve problems
- Are confident communicators and can tailor messaging and articulate value, be it by phone, live chat or email
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and have a clear desire and commitment to develop a career in sales
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we’ll let you in on a secret: there’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. HubSpot is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
HubSpot helps millions of organizations grow better, and we’d love to grow better with you. Our business builds the software and systems that power the world’s small to medium-sized businesses. Our company culture builds connections, careers, and employee growth. How? By creating a workplace that values flexibility, autonomy, and transparency. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot ulture Code, which has more than 4M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every HubSpotter globally who has helped build our remarkable culture, HubSpot has been named a top workplace by Glassdoor, Fortune, Entrepreneur, and more.
HubSpot was founded in 2006. We’re headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and we have offices in Dublin (Ireland), Sydney (Australia), New Hampshire, Singapore, Tokyo (Japan), Berlin (Germany), Paris (France), and Bogotá (Colombia).
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot’s Recruiting Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.
Interested in applying through StEP?
- You must be a current UMass Boston student who has been accepted into the StEP program, are actively engaged with a mentor and is graduating soon.
- Review everything on our website.
- Understand StEP’s Student and Mentor Engagement Process on our website.
- Submit a cover letter explaining why you want to join the StEP program and why you are interested in this internship opportunity, and recent resume to email@example.com with a subject line “StEP Internship Mentoring”.
- VDC + StEP Team will review the resume and cover letter and follow up on next steps.
- If you are interested or have any questions about the program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule office hours with StEP ambassador – Brooke Haley – at the VDC office (Wheatley 3rd floor) on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9:30 am -2 pm.