Business Development Representative Internship
Soofa is the neighborhood news feed that connects a community with screens everyone can see and anyone can use.
We are looking for a Business Development Rep to act as our liaison between our Marketing and Sales teams. You will be responsible for prospecting, booking appointments and creating Sales Qualified Opportunities, as well as qualifying inbound leads from marketing campaigns.
Success in this role is measured by hitting and exceeding monthly meeting goals, consistently staying ahead of daily metrics, and handling rejection in stride, all while operating in a fast-paced, team-focused environment.
Soofa is for people with a shared stake in a special place. Join the movement!
- Qualify inbound leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Consult, educate, and successfully set meetings through a high volume of sales calls and outreach efforts, emails and social media outreach
- Cultivate relationships across a diverse range of clients from restaurants and banks to theaters and museums and everything between and beyond
- Brief executive team on market conditions and activity
- Track opportunities and critically evaluate performance in line with best practices—success in this role is measured by hitting and exceeding monthly goals, consistently staying ahead of daily metrics, and handling rejection in stride
- A persuasive and empathetic communicator with well-developed skills on the phone and in written word
- Familiar with metrics-driven approach to success
- Working knowledge of social media platforms and tools
- Excited to educate others on a cutting edge OOH (out of home) advertising platform.
- Loves meeting and talking with new people – High energy!
- Drive for continuous improvement
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with a diverse team
- A warm listener with a passion for learning about people, businesses, and communities
- Able to navigate objections and willing to build something new
Time Commitment and Compensation
- Spring semester internship: 10 – 20 hours per week @ $15 per hour.
- Summer internship: 20 – 40 hours per week @ $15 per hour
Interested in applying through StEP?
- You must be a current UMass Boston student who has been accepted into the StEP program, are actively engaged with a mentor and is graduating soon.
- Review everything on our website.
- Understand StEP’s Student and Mentor Engagement Process on our website.
- Submit a cover letter explaining why you want to join the StEP program and why you are interested in this internship opportunity, and recent resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line “StEP Internship Mentoring”.
- VDC + StEP Team will review the resume and cover letter and follow up on next steps.
- If you are interested or have any questions about the program, please email email@example.com to schedule office hours with StEP ambassador – Brooke Haley – at the VDC office (Wheatley 3rd floor) on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9:30 am -2 pm.
If a mentor has already been assigned to you, please let him/her know that you are interested in this internship opportunity.
Soofa is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Soofa is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment