We’re not your traditional tech company. We recognize that tech talent doesn’t always come from the tech industry. No matter what your background is, there’s a place for you at Toast. We’ve 86’d the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready to make a change? Toast is looking for an intern to assist in the administration and operations of our Inside Sales team. The right person will be ready to work autonomously and with a strong set of problem-solving skills. Some examples of responsibilities this intern will hold are researching small to medium-sized restaurant groups, identifying key decision makers in enterprise accounts, and supporting the inside sales team on customer requests including billing, services and support. For the right player, this role has the potential to grow into a seat on Toast Business Development or Sales Development Representative team.
About this roll*:
- Prospect for and assess leads, averaging about 30-40 calls per day
- Collaborate with the field and inside sales teams to develop creative outreach strategies
- Utilize Salesforce to share accurate and informative reporting with the Sales Development Representative team
- Invest in the future of your career through our extensive intern training program and on the spot coaching
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Current undergraduate student looking to launch a career in sales
- 0-1 years of office experience • Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, or Google equivalents
- Strong attention to detail
- Responsible and independent worker
- Previous experience in the restaurant industry
- Basic to intermediate skill with Excel preferred
- Previous experience with lead generation preferred
*Bread puns are not required but encouraged.
Interested in applying through StEP?
- You must be a current UMass Boston student who has been accepted into the StEP program, are actively engaged with a mentor and is graduating soon.
- Review everything on our website.
- Understand StEP’s Student and Mentor Engagement Process on our website.
- Submit a cover letter explaining why you want to join the StEP program and why you are interested in this internship opportunity, and recent resume to email@example.com with a subject line “StEP Internship Mentoring”.
- VDC + StEP Team will review the resume and cover letter and follow up on next steps.
- If you are interested or have any questions about the program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule office hours with StEP ambassador – Brooke Haley – at the VDC office (Wheatley 3rd floor) on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9:30 am -2 pm.
If a mentor has already been assigned to you, please let him/her know that you are interested in this internship opportunity.